- Structure function relationship of ion channels
- Gap Junction Channel
- GABAA Receptor Channel
- Voltage Dependent Anion Channel of Mitochondria
- Potassium Channel and Acid Sensing Ion Channel
- Neuronal diseases associated with ion channels and receptors malfunctioning
- Tewari D, Bera AK (2016) Modulation of the voltage-dependent anion channel of mitochondria by elaidic acid. Biochem Biophys Res Commun (in press).
- K R, Savant S, Giri H, Ghosh A, Fisslthaler B, Fleming I, Ram U, Bera AK, Augustin HG, Dixit M (2016) Angiopoietin-2 mediates thrombin-induced monocyte adhesion and endothelial permeability. J Thromb Haemost. (in press).
- Basak D, Sridhar S, Bera AK and Madhavan N (2016) Cation-Halide transport through Peptide Pores containing Aminopicolinic Acid. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry 14:4712-4717.
- Rushendhiran K, Chandel S, Upadhyay S, Bendre R, Ganugula R, Potunuru UR, Giri H, Sahu G., Kumar UP, Reddy BP, Joksic G, Bera AK and Dixit M (2016) Gentiana lutea exerts anti-atherosclerotic effects by preventing endothelial inflammation and smooth muscle proliferation. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 26(4):293-301.
- Tewari D, Mukhopadhyay M, Madhav NS, Vallabhaneni S, Sahu G, Jetti SK, Preethidan DS, Bera AK (2016) Cytoprotective effect of Centella asiatica is mediated through the modulation of Mitochondrial Voltage-Dependent Anion Channel (VDAC) and scavenging of free radicals. J Funct Foods 21: 301-311.
- Poornima V, Vallabhaneni S, Mukhopadhyay M, Bera AK (2015) Nitric oxide inhibits the pannexin 1 channel through a cGMP-PKG dependent pathway. Nitric Oxide 47: 77-84.
- Divya S, Bera AK (2015) Inhibition of the GABAA receptor by sulphated neurosteroids: A mechanistic comparison study between pregnenolone sulphate and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate. J Mol Neurosci 56(4):868-877.
- Singh PK, Ghosh D, Tewari D, Mohite GM Carvalho E; Jha NN, Jacob RS, Sahay S, Banerjee R, Bera AK, Maji SK (2015) Cytotoxic Helix-Rich Oligomer formation by Melittin and Pancreatic Polypeptide. PLOS ONE 10(3):e0120346.
- Priya MK, Sahu G, Pantoja DRS, Goldy N, Meenakshi A, Jadhav V, Saran U, Ali BMJ, Roberts DD, Bera AK, Chatterjee S (2015) Tipping off endothelial tubes: Nitric oxide drives tip cells. Angeogenesis 18(2):175-189.
- Tewari D, Ahmed T, Chirasani VR, Singh PK, Maji SK, Senapati S , Bera AK (2015) Modulation of the Mitochondrial Voltage Dependent Anion Channel (VDAC) by Curcumin. Biochim Biophys Acta 1848(1 Pt A):151-158.
- Saha T, Dasari S, Tewari D, Prathap A, Sureshan KM, Bera AK, Mukherjee A, Talukdar P (2014) Hopping Mediated Anion Transport through a Mannitol-Based Rosette Ion Channel. J Am Chem Soc 136(40):14128-35
- Sahu G, Sukumaran S, Bera AK (2014) Pannexins form gap junctions with electrophysiological and pharmacological properties distinct from connexins. Sci Rep 4:4955. [Featured in Nature India].
- Allu PKR, Chirasani VR, Ghosh D, Mani A, Bera AK, et al. (2014) Naturally occurring variants of the dysglycemic peptide pancreastatin: differential potencies for multiple cellular functions and structure-function correlation. J Biol Chem 289 (7):4455-4469.
- Sahu G and Bera AK (2013) Contribution of intracellular calcium and pH in ischemic uncoupling of cardiac gap junction channels formed of connexins 43, 40, and 45: a critical function of C-terminal domain. PLOS ONE 8(3):e60506.
- Swain SM and Bera AK (2013) Coupling of proton binding in extracellular domain to channel gating in Acid Sensing Ion Channel. J Mol Neurosci 51(1):199-207.
- Sahu BS, Obbineni JM, Sahu G, Allu PKR, Subramanian L, Sonawane PJ, Singh PK, Sasi BK, Senapati S, Maji SK, Bera AK, et al. (2012) Functional Genetic Variants of the Catecholamine-Release-Inhibitory Peptide Catestatin in an Indian Population. J Biol Chem 287(52):43840-43852.
- Swain SM, Parameswaran S, Sahu G, Verma RS and Bera AK (2012) Proton-gated ion channels in mouse bone marrow stromal cells. Stem Cell Res 9, 59-68.
- Sahu BS, Obbineni JM, Sahu G, Singh P, Sonawane P, Sasi B, Allu PKR, Maji S, Bera AK, et al.(2012) Molecular interactions of the physiological anti-hypertensive peptide catestatin with the neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor. J Cell Sci 125, 2323-2337.
- Poornima V, Madhupriya M, Kootar S, Sujatha G, Kumar A and Bera AK (2012) P2X7 receptor-pannexin 1 hemichannel association: effect of extracellular calcium on membrane permeabilization. J Mol Neurosci 46, 585-594.
- Chandrasekhar A and Bera AK (2012) Hemichannels: permeants and their effect on development, physiology and death. Cell Biochem Funct 30, 89-100.
- Mohan H, Maheswari U, Bera AK and Suraishkumar, GK (2010) Reactive oxygen species mediated modifications in Bacillus subtilis lipid membrane to improve protein productivities. Process Biochemistry 45, 467-474.
- Jetti SK, Swain SM, Majumder S, Chatterjee S, Poornima V and Bera AK (2010) Evaluation of the role of nitric oxide in acid sensing ion channel mediated cell death. Nitric Oxide 22, 213-219.
- Bera AK and Akabas MH (2005) Spontaneous thermal motion of the GABAA receptor M2 channel-lining segments. J Biol Chem 280, 35506-35512.
- Bera AK, Chatav M and Akabas MH (2002) GABA(A) receptor M2-M3 loop secondary structure and changes in accessibility during channel gating. J Biol Chem 277, 43002-43010.
- Luo X, Popov S, Bera AK, Wilkie TM and Muallem S (2001) RGS proteins provide biochemical control of agonist-evoked [Ca2+]i oscillations. Molecular Cell 7, 651-660.
- Keren-Raifman T, Bera AK, Zveig D, Peleg S, Witherow DS, Slepak VZ and Dascal N (2001) Expression levels of RGS7 and RGS4 proteins determine the mode of regulation of the G protein-activated K+ channel and control regulation of RGS7 by G beta 5. FEBS Lett 492, 20-28.
- Ghosh S and Bera AK (2001) The role of H+ concentration on the capacitance of a membrane channel protein. J Theor Biol 208, 383-384.
- Bera AK and Ghosh S (2001) Dual mode of gating of voltage-dependent anion channel as revealed by phosphorylation. J Struct Biol 135, 67-72.
- Shin DM, Zhao XS, Luo X, Bera AK and Muallem S (2000) Specificity of Ca2+ signaling in polarized cells. Adv Dent Res 14, 12-15.
- Mullner C, Vorobiov D, Bera AK, Uezono Y, Yakubovich D, Frohnwieser-Steinecker B, Dascal N and Schreibmayer W (2000) Heterologous facilitation of G protein-activated K+ channels by beta-adrenergic stimulation via cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Gen Physiol, 115, 547-558.
- Vorobiov D, Bera AK, Keren-Raifman T, Barzilai R and Dascal N (2000) Coupling of the muscarinic m2 receptor to G protein-activated K(+) channels via Galpha(z) and a receptor-G alpha(z) fusion protein. Fusion between the receptor and Galpha(z) eliminates catalytic (collision) coupling. J Biol Chem, 275, 4166-4170.
- Ghosh S, Bera AK and Das S (1999) Evidence for nonlinear capacitance in biomembrane channel system. J Theor Biol 200, 299-305.
- Vijayvergiya V, Ghosh P, Bera AK and Das S (1999) Bis[(benzo-15-crown-5)-15-yl methyl] pimelate forms ion channels in planar lipid bilayer: a novel model ion channel. Physiol Chem Phys Med NMR, 31, 93-102.
- Chandra A, Ghosh P, Mandaokar AD, Bera AK, Sharma RP, Das S and Kumar PA (1999) Amino acid substitution in alpha-helix 7 of Cry1Ac delta-endotoxin of Bacillus thuringiensis leads to enhanced toxicity to Helicoverpa armigera Hubner. FEBS Lett, 458, 175-179.
- Bera AK, Ghosh S and Das S (1995) Mitochondrial VDAC can be phosphorylated by cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 209, 213-217.
- Akabas MH, Horenstein J, Williams DB, Bali M, and Bera AK (2002) GABAA Receptors: Probing the Structural Basis of Function, Gating and Pharmacological Modulation by General Anesthetics. Molecular and Basic Mechanisms of Anesthesia.Ed. M. Barann and B.W. Urban. Pabst Science Publishers, Germany.