Rama S Verma
- Fellow to The Indian Academy of Science (FNASc) 2014
- Fellow, Association of Microbiologists of India (FAMI) 2010
- Fellow, The Bio-Tech Research Society (BRSI) 2015
- Member, Board of Governor National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Mohali (Chandigarh) 2016- 2019
- Life Time Achievement Award, Nature Science Foundation Tamil Nadu 2017
- ABAP Senior Scientist Award, Society for Applied Biotechnology and Applied Pharmacy India 2014
- Elected Fellow to Society for Applied biotechnology – 2011
- Excellence in Medical biotechnology award (Society for Applied Biotechnology, India)- 2011
- Genomic Pioneer recognition award 2008 held at the HUGO’s International Human Genome Meeting held at Hyderabad, India 2008
- Chairman, Institute Technical committee IITM and Member Institute Ethic committee 2015 till present
1- Stem cell proliferation related studies
- A- Role of Osteoblasts in Stem Cell Proliferation
Hematopoiesis is an exquisitely regulated physiological process, which results in the appropriate production of blood cells throughout life. Over the past four decades our understanding of the cellular and molecular basis of hematopoietic regulation has become quite sophisticated. Several hematopoietic growth factor polypeptide hormones have been identified through molecular cloning, which play a key role in this process. In many respect, our current dynamic model of hematopoietic is the leading paradigm in molecular histology. It has established a framework to apply to cell differentiation and renewal in diverse tissue, including liver, skin and intestinal epithelium. Despite these advances, the most important details of the cellular and molecular regulation of stem cell self- renewal and differentiation remain elusive. We are currently addressing these issues through the following:
- Role of permissive and inductive microenvironment in bone marrow in context to proliferation of stem cell
- Role of osteoblast in the proliferation of stem cell
- B- Stem Cell and its Regenerative Potential
2- Construction of Novel & New fusion Toxin (Immunotoxins)
Recombinant immunotoxins are antibody-toxin chimeric molecules that kill cancer cells via binding to a surface antigen, internalization and delivery of the toxin moiety to the cell cytosol. In the cytosol, toxins catalytically inhibit a critical cell function and cause cell death. The antibody portion of the chimera targets antigens that are expressed preferentially on the surface of cancer cells. Truncated versions of either diphtheria toxin (DT) or Pseudomonas exotoxin (PE) can be used to construct fusions with cDNAs encoding antibody fragments or cell- binding ligands. Presently, in our lab we have designed several novel constrct which are truncated version of known immunotoxins and novel humanized toxin utilizing the pre-apoptoctic segment of human origin to combat the problems associates with the immnogenicity of the toxin fragment and the non-targeted toxicity noted while treating certain cancers.
3- Cloning & Expression of Therapeutic Protein that have Clinical Importance
4- Development of MAB against EpCAM for Targeting Retinoblastoma with Nanoparticle
5- Biochemical and Molecular Characterization of membrane Protein Receptor) Presently our interest is in “Identification and Purification of Methotrexate Binding protein from the T Lymphocytes
6- Nanotechnology Using synthetic biodegradable micro-molecules and biodegradable biopolymer as scaffold for stem cell differentiation into cardiac tissue for heart injury repair.
(A) International refereed journals (starting from recent)
- Sanat Kumar Dash, Vineeta Sharma, Rama Shanker Verma*, Sarit K. Das (2020)Low Intermittent Flow Promotes Rat Mesenchymal Stem Cell Differentiation in Logarithmic Fluid Shear Device Biomicrofluidics 14, 054107 (2020); doi: 10.1063/5.0024437
- K Basudevswain, Rama S Verma and Sachin Gunthe (2020) SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, and 019-nCoV viruses: An overview of origin, evolution, and genetic variations journal VirusDisease https://doi.org/10.1007/s13337-020-00632-9
- Binita Zipporah Ebenezer, Bamadeb Patra, Kavitha Govarthanan, Rajesh Yadav, Sheila Mohan, Pavithra Shyamsunder and Rama Verma (2020) Defective cell proliferation is an attribute of overexpressed Notch1 Receptor and impaired autophagy in Fanconi Anemia Genomics https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygeno.2020.08.009
- Santosh Gupta, Akriti Sharma, Vasantha Kumar, Vineeta Sharma, Piyush Kumar Gupta and Rama Shanker Verma (2020) Meniscal Tissue Engineering via 3D Printed PLA monolith with carbohydrate based Self-Healing Interpenetrating Network Hydrogel International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 162, 1358-1371https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2020.07.238
- Rama S Verma and Steffi SV (2020) Coronavirus and the Heat – Realistic Perspective Biotech Express 7(83) 20-26
- Ranjita Misra, Bamadeb Patra, Sudha Varadharaj, and Rama Shanker Verma (2020)Establishing the promising role of novel combination of triple therapeutics delivery using polymeric nanoparticles for Triple negative breast cancer therapy BioImpacts (accepted)
- Saugata Sahu, Paurnima Talele, Bamadeb Patra, Rama Shanker Verma, and Ashok Kumar Mishra (2020) A Multiparametric Fluorescence Probe to Understand the Physicochemical Properties of Small Unilamellar Lipid Vesicles in Poly(ethylene glycol)-Water medium Langmuir, DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.9b03902
- Jayaprakasam, S. Surapalli, R.S. Verma (2020) Targeting leukemic stem cells using humanized chimeric immunotoxin Annals of Oncology 31, Supplement 1, Page S2https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annonc.2020.01.054IF 14.196
- Janani Radhakrishnan, Sudha Varadaraj, Sanat Kumar Das Akriti Sharma, and Rama Shanker Verma (2020) Organotypic Cancer Tissue Models for Drug Screening: 3D Constructs, Bioprinting and Microfluidic Chips Drug Discovery Today 25(5) 879-89https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drudis.2020.03.002
- Piyush Kumar Gupta, Rekha Gahtori, Siva Chander Chabattula, Kavitha Govarthanan, and Rama Shanker Verma (2020) Metal-Free Semi-Aromatic Polyester: A Novel Nanomaterial for Potential Clinical Application Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 56, 101582, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jddst.2020.101582
- Malathi Sampath, Pavithra P S, Sridevi S, and Rama Shanker Verma (2020) Fabrication of nanopatterned PLGA films of Curcumin and TPGS for skin cancer International Journal of Pharmaceutics https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jddst.2020.101582
- Antony Stalin, Subramani Kandhasamy, Balakrishnan Senthamarai Kannan, Rama Shanker Verma, Savarimuthu Ignacimuthu, Yrjälä Kim, Shao Qingsong, Yuan Chen, Perumal Palani (2020) Synthesis of a 1,2,3-bistriazole derivative of embelin and evaluation of its effect on high-fat diet fed-streptozotocin-induced type 2 diabetes in rats and molecular docking studies Bioorganic Chemistry https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bioorg.2020.103579
- Sridevi Surapally, Madhumathi Jayaprakasam and Rama Verma (2020) Curcumin augments therapeutic efficacy of TRAIL-based immunotoxins in leukemia Pharmacological Reports https://doi. 10.1007/s43440-020-00073-7
- Kavitha Govarthanan, Prasanna Vidyasekar, Piyush Kumar Gupta, Nibedita Lenka, Rama Shanker Verma Glycogen synthase kinase 3-beta inhibitor- CHIR 99021 augments the differentiation potential of Mesenchymal stem cells (2020) Cytotherapy S1465-3249 (19)30923-5,https://doi.10.1016/j.jcyt.2019.12.007
- Shashank Shankar Chetty, Selvarasu Praneetha, Arumugam Vadivel Murugan, Kavitha Govarthanan and Rama Shanker Verma (2019) Human Umbilical Cord Wharton’s Jelly-derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Labeled with Mn2+ and Gd3+ Co-doped CuInS2-ZnS Nanocrystals for Multi-modality Imaging in Tumor Mice Model ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces12, (3) 3415-3429https://doi.10.1021/acsami.9b19054
- Ranjita Mishra Sangeetha Kandoi, Sudha Varadaraj, S. Vijayalakshmi, A. Nanda and Verma Rama S (2019) Nanotheranostics: A Tactic for Cancer Stem Cells Prognosis and Management Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 55:101457https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jddst.2019.101457
- Santosh Gupta, Akriti Sharma, Rama S Verma (2019) Polymers in Biosensor devices for cardiovascular applications Current Opinion in Biomedical Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cobme.2019.10.002
- Piyush K Gupta, Surya Kant Tripathi, Sreenath Pappuru, Shiva Chander Chabattula, Kavitha Govarthanan, Santosh Gupta, Bijesh K Biswal, Debashis Chakraborty, Rama S Verma. (2019). Metal-free semi-aromatic polyester as nanodrug carrier: A novel tumor-targeting drug delivery vehicle for potential clinical application. Material Science and Engineering C: Materials for Biological Application. 107,110285https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2019.110285
- Prashanta K Panda, Srimanta Patra, Prajna P Naik, Prakash P Praharaj, Subhadip Mukhopadhyay, Biswa R Meher,Piyush K Gupta, Rama S Verma, Tapas K Maiti, Sujit K Bhutia. (2019). Deacetylation of LAMP1 drives lipophagy-dependent generation of free fatty acids by Abrus agglutinin to promote senescence in prostate cancer. Journal of Cellular Physiology. 235(3):2776-2791https://DOI: 10.1002/jcp.29182
- Kavitha Govarthanan, Piyush K Gupta, Deepa Ramasamy, Pavithra Kumar, Shobana Mahadevan, Rama S Verma. (2019). DNA methylation microarray uncovers a permissive methylome for cardiomyocyte differentiation in human mesenchymal stem cells. Genomics. 112(2):1384-1395. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygeno.2019.08.007
- Raj Pranap Arun, Divya Sivanesan, Bamadeb Patra, Sudha Varadaraj, Rama S Verma. (2019). Simulated microgravity increases polyploid giant cancer cells and nuclear localization of YAP. Scientific Reports, Jul 23;9(1):10684. https:// doi.10.1038/s41598-019-47116-5
- Potharaju, M., Mathavan, A., Mangaleswaran, B., Patil, S., John, R., Ghosh, S., Kalavakonda, C., Ghosh, M., Verma, RS. (2019). Clinicopathological Analysis of HIF-1alpha and TERT on Survival Outcome in Glioblastoma Patients: A Prospective, Single Institution Study. J Cancer, 10(11), 2397– 2406.https://10.7150/jca.32909. eCollection 2019
- Kumar, P., Kandoi, S., Misra, R., Vijayalakshmi, S., Rajagopal, K., Verma, RS. (2019). The mesenchymal stem cell secretome: A new paradigm towards cell-free therapeutic mode in regenerative medicine. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev., 46, 1-9.https://doi: 10.1016/j.cytogfr.2019.04.002.
- Gupta, P.K., Pappuru, S., Gupta, S., Patra, B., Chakraborty, D., Verma, R.S. (2019). Self-assembled dual-drug loaded core-shell nanoparticles based on metal-free fully alternating polyester for cancer theranostics. Sci. Eng. C, 101, 448-463. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2019.03.041
- Gupta, P.K., Gupta, S., Pappuru, S., Chabattula, S.C., Chakraborty, D., Verma, R.S. (2019). Enhancing the anti-cancer therapeutic efficacy by optimizing molecular weight of metal-free fully alternating semi-aromatic polyester as nano-drug carriers. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 51, 101 – 114. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jddst.2019.02.022
- Chetty, SS., Praneetha, S., Murugan, AV., Govarthanan, K.., Verma, RS. (2019). Microwave‐Assisted Synthesis of Quasi‐Pyramidal CuInS2–ZnS Nanocrystals for Enhanced Near‐Infrared Targeted Fluorescent Imaging of Subcutaneous Melanoma. Advanced Biosystems, 3(1), 1800127. https://doi.org/10.1002/adbi.201800127
- Kummari, A., Pappuru, S., Gupta, P.K., Chakraborty, D., and Verma, R.S. (2019). Metal-free Lewis pair catalyst synergy for fully alternating copolymerization of norbornene anhydride and epoxides: Biocompatible tests for derived polymers. Materials Today Communications, 19(6), 306 – 314. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mtcomm.2019.02.007
- Shchegolkov, Alexandr & Verma, Rama & Ramakrishna, Seeram & Borovskikh, Pavel. (2019). Nanomodified Heat-Accumulating Materials with Controlled Thermophysical Characteristics. Advanced Materials & Technologies. 2, 025-031. https:// doi10.17277/amt.2019.02
- Chetty, S.S., Praneetha, S., Govarthanan, K.,Verma, R.S., Vadivel Murugan, A. (2019).Noninvasive Tracking and Regenerative Capabilities of Transplanted Human Umbilical Cord-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Labeled with I-III-IV Semiconducting Nanocrystals in Liver-Injured Living Mice. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces.,11(9), 8763 – 8778. https://doi: 10.1021/acsami.8b19953
- Pavithra P.S., Alka Mehta and Rama S. Verma. (2018). Essential oils: from prevention to treatment of skin cancer. Drug discovery Today,24(2):644-655https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drudis.2018.11.020
- Rama Shanker Verma, Piyush Kumar Gupta, Maria Frolova and Arkady Ayzeshtadt (2018) High-throughput sequencing analysis of Microbial population in arctic rock sample Micro and Nano Technologies SGEMhttps:// doi.org/10.5593/sgem2018/6.4
- Shashank Chetty S., Praneetha S., Vadivel Murugan A., Kavitha Govarthanan and Rama S. Verma (2018) Microwave Assisted Synthesis of Quasi Pyramidal CuInS2-ZnS Nanocrystals for Enhanced NearInfrared Targeted Fluorescent Imaging of Subcutaneous Melanoma Advance Biosystems3, 1800127https://DOI: 10.1002/adbi.201800127
- Sangeetha Kandoi, Praveen Kumar L, Bamadeb Patra, Prasanna Vidyasekar, Divya Sivanesan, Vijayalakshmi S, Rajagopal K, Rama Shanker Verma (2018) Evaluation of platelet lysate as a substitute for FBS in explant and enzymatic isolation methods of human umbilical cord MSCs Nature Scientific Report 8:12439 https://doi:1038/s41598-018-30772-4
- Diptendu Chatterjee, Piyush Kumar Gupta, Santosh Gupta, and Rama Shanker Verma. (2018) Fanconi Anemia: A Rare Genetic Disorder in Man JIAS (Journal of Indian Anthropological Society) volume 53(3) 265-266.
- Surajit Pathak, Roberto Catanzaroc, Dharani Vasand, Francesco Marottae, Yashna Chabriaa, Ganesan Jothimania, Rama Shanker Verma, Ramachandran Murugesana, Anisur Rahman Khuda-Bukhsh and Antara Banerjee (2018) Benefits of aged garlic extract in modulating toxicity biomarkers against p-dimethylaminoazobenzene and phenobarbital induced liver damage in Rattus norvegicus Drug and Chemical Toxicology 12:1-14 https://doi.org/10.1080/01480545.2018.1499773
- Zipporah E B, Govarthanan K, Shyamsunder P, Verma R S. (2018) Expression Profiling of Differentially Regulated Genes in Fanconi Anemia. Methods Mol Biol.; 1783:243-258.https:// doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-7834-2
- Mahadev Potharaju MD, Balamurugan Mangaleswaran M Ch, Anugraha Mathavan MS, ReginaldJohn MCh, VincentThamburaj MCh, Siddhartha Ghosh MCh, Shankar Ganesh MCh, K. Chandrasekhar MCh, L. Murugan MCh, Suresh Bapu Mch, Rathna Devi DMRT, Rama Shankar Verma PhD (2018) Body mass index as a prognostic marker in Glioblastoma multiforme – a clinical outcome International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology and Physics 102 (1) 204-209https:// doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2018.05.024
- Pavithra PS, Alka Mehta and Rama S Verma (2018) Synergistic interaction of β-Caryophyllene with aromadendrene oxide 2 and phytol induces apoptosis on skin epidermoid cancer cells. Phytomedicine 47(1), 121-134 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2018.05.001
- Shiv Kumar Viswanathan PhD, Megan J. Puckelwartz PhD, Ashish Mehta PhD, Chrishan J.A. Ramachandra PhD, Aravindakshan Jagadeesan BS, Regina Fritsche-Danielson PhD, Ratan V. Bhat PhD, Philip Wong, MBBS, Sangeetha Kandoi,MSc, Jennifer A. Schwanekamp PhD, Gina Kuffe, Lorenzo L. Pesce, PhD, Michael J. Zilliox, PhD, Nalla B. Durai, MD, Rama Shanker Verma, PhD, Robert E. Molokie, MD, Domodhar P. Suresh, MD, Philip R. Khoury, PhD, Annie Thomas, PhD, Thriveni Sanagala, MD, Hak Chiaw Tang, MBBS, Richard C. Becker, MD, Ralph Knöll, MD, PhD,Winston Shim, PhD, Elizabeth M. McNally, MD, PhD and Sakthivel Sadayappan, PhD,( 2018) Cosegregation of MYBPC3Δ25bp with MYBPC3 D389V is associated with a cardiomyopathic substrate. Journal of Association Medical Association Cardiology USA (JAMA Cardiology) Jun 1;3(6):481-488.https:// doi:10.1001/jamacardio.2018.0618
- Prashanta Kumar Panda, Prajna Paramita Naik, Prakash P Praharaj, Piyush Kumar Gupta, Rama S Verma, Tapas K Maiti, Muthu K Shanmugam, Arunachalam Chinnathambi5, Sulaiman Ali Alharbi, Gautam Sethi, Rajesh Agarwal and Sujit K Bhutia (2018) Abrus agglutinin stimulates BMP2 dependent differentiation through autophagic degradation of β-catenin in colon cancer stem cells. Molecular Carcinogenesis 57(5): 664-677.https:// doi: 10.1002/mc.22791
- Pavithra PS, Alka Mehta and Rama S Verma (2018) Aromadendrene oxide 2, induces apoptosis in skin epidermoid cancer cells through ROS mediated mitochondrial pathway. Life Sciences, 197, 19–29 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2018.01.029
- Pavithra PS, Alka Mehta and Rama S Verma (2017) Induction of apoptosis by essential oil from P. missionis in skin epidermoid cancer cellsVolume 50, 15, 184-195 Phytomedicine https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2017.11.004
- Santosh Gupta, Piyush Kumar Gupta, G. Dharanivasan, Rama Shanker Verma. Current prospects and challenges of nanomedicine delivery in prostate cancer therapy (2017) Nanomedicine 12(23): 2675-2692.https:// doi: 10.2217/nnm-2017-0236
- Santosh Gupta, Vineeta Sharma, Rama Shanker Verma (2017) Recent Advances in Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) based Therapeutics. Journal of Stem Cell Research & Therapeutics 3 (3) 263-270https://DOI: 10.15406/jsrt.2017.03.00100
- Hema Priyamvada, Raj Kamal Singh, Akila M, Ravikrishna R, Rama Verma, and Sachin Gunthe (2017) Seasonal variation of the dominant allergenic fungal aerosols – One-year study from southern Indian region. Nature Scientific Reports 7(1), 11171https://doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-11727-7
- Akhil Pratap Singh, Devilakshmi Sithambaram, Rutvi Sanghavi, Piyush Kumar Gupta, Rama Shanker Verma, Mukesh Doble, Ramesh L. Gardas B and Sanjib Senapati (2017) Environmentally benign Tetramethylguanidinium cation based ionic liquids New Journal of Chemistry41, 12268-12277https:// DOI: 10.1039/c7nj03167j
- Raj Pranap Arun, Divya Sivanesan, Prasanna Vidyasekar, Rama Shanker Verma (2017) TEN/FOXO3/AKT pathway regulates cell death and mediates morphogenetic differentiation of Colorectal Cancer Cells under Simulated Microgravity. Nature Scientific Reports Jul 20;7(1):5952.https:// DOI:10.1038/s41598-017-06416-4
- Antara Banerjee, Surajit Pathak, Vimala Devi S, Dharani Vasan, Ramachandran Murugesan and Rama S Verma (2017) Strategies for targeted drug delivery in treatment of colon cancer –current trends and future perspectives Drug Discovery Today 22(8):1224-1232https:// doi.10.1016/j.drudis.2017.05.006
- Jahnavi S, Arthi N, Pallavi S, Selvaraju C, Bhuvaneshwar G S, Kumary T V, Rama Verma (2017) Nanosecond Laser Ablation Enhances Cellular Infiltration in a Hybrid Tissue Scaffold Materials Science & Engineering C 77 190–201.https://doi: 10.1016/j.msec.2017.03.159
- Swati Choudhary, Stefan Barth, Rama S Verma (2017) SNAP tag technology: a promising tool for ex vivo immunophenotyping”, Molecular Diagnosis & Therapy.21(3):315-326.https:// doi: 10.1007/s40291-017-0263-2
- Madumathi J., Sridevi S and Rama S Verma (2017) CD25 targeted therapy of chemotherapy resistant leukemic stem cells using DR5 specific TRAIL peptide. Stem Cell Research19:65-75https://DOI: 10.1016/j.scr.2017.01.001
- S Jahnavi, U Saravananb, N Arthia, G S Bhuvaneshwarc, T V Kumaryd, S Rajane, R S Verma (2017) Biological and mechanical evaluation of a Bio-Hybrid scaffold for autologous valve tissue engineering Materials Science and Engineering: C Vol 73 (1), 59–71 https://org/10.1016/j.msec.2016.11.116
- Priyamvada H, Akila M, Raj Kamal Singh, Ravikrishna R, Verma R.S., Ligy Philip, Rahul Marathe, Sudheer K.P. and Gunthe S. S. (2017) Terrestrial macrofungal diversity from the tropical dry evergreen biome of southern India and its potential role in aerobiology PLOS ONE , 10;12(1):e0169333. https:// doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0169333.
- А. М. Айзенштадт, М.А. Фролова, Т. А. Махова, В. Е. Данилов, Rama S. Verma (2017). Peculiarities of the methodological approach to studying the regularities of the effect of nanoparticles on human health in the production of nonmetallic nanomaterials for construction purposes – Kazan: Publishing house АН РТ, 2017, с. 299-302.
- A M Ayzenshtadt, M A Frolova, T A Makhova, V E Danilov, Piyush K. Gupta and Rama S. Verma (2017) Specifics of the methodological approach to the study of nanoparticle impact on human health in the production of non-metallic nanomaterial’s for construction purposes / IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES) 107 (1), 012048
- Pavithra Shyamsunder, Milan Esner, Maunish Barvalia, Yu Jun Wu, Tomáš Loja, Huat Bay Boon, Matilde E. Lleonart, Rama S Verma, Lumir Krejci, and Alex Lyakhovich (2016) ROS-mediated defective mitophagy in Fanconi anemia is dependent on mitochondrial fission Oncotarget 7, (36) 58065https:// doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.11161
- Rama S. Verma. (2016) Breaking dogma for future therapy using stem cell – Where we have reached? Indian J Med Res 143, 129-131https://DOI: 10.4103/0971-5916.180195
- Ponnusamy Ponmurugan, Ganesan Ayyappadasan, Rama Shankar Verma and Sanjeeva Nayaka (2016) Survey, distribution pattern and elemental composition of lichens in. Yercaud hills of Eastern Ghats in southern India. Journal of Environmental Biology 37 (3) 407-412.
- Arkady Ayzenstadt, Maria Frolova, Tatiana Mahova, Liudmila Veshniakova, Rama S. Verma. (2016) Integrated Approach to the Assessment of quality system of Highly Dispersed silica Containing rocks 16th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Geo conference SCEM 2016: Nano, bio and green-technologies for a sustainable future, Volume III, p.p. 53-61.
- Madhumathi J, Sridevi S and Rama S Verma (2016) Novel TNF-related apoptotic inducing ligand-based immunotoxin for therapeutic targeting of CD25 positive leukemia Targeted Oncology 11(4), 535-547.https://doi: 10.1007/s11523-016-0424-y
- Dilip bishi, Santosh Mathapati, Jayarama R. Venugopal, Soma Guhathakurta, Kotturathu M. Cherian, Rama S. Verma and Seeram Ramakrishna (2016) A Patient-inspired Ex Vivo Liver Tissue Engineering Approach with Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Hepatogenic Serum Advanced Healthcare Materials 5 (9) 1058–1070.https://doi: 10.1002/adhm.201500897
- Swati Choudhary, Alessa Pardo, Reinhard Rosinke, Janendra K Batra, Stefan Barth and Rama S Verma (2016) Targeting c-kit receptor in neuroblastomas and colorectal cancers using Stem Cell Factor (SCF)-based recombinant bacterial toxins Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology Jan; 100 (1):263-77.https://doi: 10.1007/s00253-015-6978-2
- Prasanna Vidyasekar, Pavithra Shyamsunder, Sanjeeb Kumar Sahoo and Rama Shanker Verma (2016) Scaffold free and scaffold assisted 3-Dimensional culture enhances differentiation of bone marrow stromal cells, In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology – Animal. Feb; 52(2):204-17.https://doi: 10.1007/s11626-015-9971-2
- Jincy Joy, Amlan Gupta, Sarvepalli Jahnavi, Rama S Verma, Alok R Ray and Bhuvanesh Gupta, (2016) Understanding the in situ cross linked gelatin hydrogel Polymer International 65 (2), 181–191.https://doi.org/10.1002/pi.5042
- Aswathy E. Valsan, Hema Priyamvada, R. Ravikrishna, Viviane R. Despres, C.V. Biju, Lokesh K. Sahu, Ashwini Kumar, S. Verma, L. Philip, Sachin S. Gunthe (2015) Morphological characteristics of bioaerosols from contrasting locations in southern tropical India – A case study. Atmospheric Environment 122, 321–331.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2015.09.071
- Sugapriya Dhanasekaran, Devilakshmi Sithambaram, Kavitha Govarthananan, Bijesh Biswal and Rama Verma (2015) An Efficient Protocol for Deriving Liver Stem Cells from Neonatal Mice: validating its Differentiation potential. Analytical Cellular Pathology Volume 2015:219206. https://doi: 10.1155/2015/219206.
- Abhalaxmi Singh, Sumeet Jain, Shantibhusan Senapati, Rama Shanker Verma and Sanjeeb K. Sahoo (2015) Magnetic Nanoparticles Labeled Mesenchymal Stem Cells: A Pragmatic Solution toward Targeted Cancer Theranostics Advanced Healthcare Materials https://DOI: 10.1002/adhm.201500343. https://doi: 10.1002/adhm.201500343.
- Prasanna Vidyasekar, Pavithra Shyamsunder, Rajpranap Arun, Rajalakshmi Santhakumar, Nand Kishore Kapadia, Ravi Kumar, Rama Shanker Verma (2015) Genome Wide Expression Profiling of Cancer Cell Lines Cultured in Microgravity Reveals Significant Dysregulation of Cell Cycle and MicroRNA Gene Networks PLOS ONE Aug 21;10(8):e0135958,https:// DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0135958
- Prasanna Vidyasekar, Pavithra Shyamsunder, Rajalakshmi Santhakumar, Rajpranap Arun, Rama Shanker Verma. (2015) A simplified protocol for the isolation and culture of cardiomyocytes and progenitor cells from neonatal mouse ventricles European Journal of Cell Biology 94(10): 444-52.https://doi: 10.1016/j.ejcb.2015.06.009.
- Madhumathi J, Devilakshmi S. and Verma R. S. (2015) Immunotoxin therapy for hematologic malignancies: where are we heading? Drug Discovery Today Feb; 21(2):325-32. https://doi: 10.1016/j.drudis.2015.05.002.
- Jahnavi S., Kumary T.V., Bhuvaneshwar G.S., Natarajan T.S., and Verma R. S. (2015) Engineering of a polymer layered bio-hybrid heart valve scaffold. Materials Science and Engineering C 51:263-73.https://doi: 10.1016/j.msec.2015.03.009.
- Parameswaran S, Santhakumar R, Vidyasekar P, Verma RS (2015) Enrichment of cardiomyocytes in primary cultures of murine neonatal hearts. Methods Mol Biol 1299:17-25.https://doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-2572-8_2
- Pavithra Shyamsunder, Rama S. Verma, and Alex Lyakhovich (2015) ROMO1 regulates Redox states and serves as an inducer of NF-kappa B-driven EMT factors in Fanconi anemia Cancer letters 361(1): 33-8.https://doi: 10.1016/j.canlet.2015.02.020
- Viswambari Devi R., Doble M., and Verma S Rama (2015) Nanomaterials for early detection of cancer biomarker with special emphasis on gold nanoparticles in immunoassays/sensors. Biosensors and Bioelectronics Jan 29; 68C: 688-698.https://doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2015.01.066.
- Rajalakshmi Santhakumar, Prasanna Vidyasekar, Rama Shanker Verma (2014) Cardiogel: A Nano-Matrix Scaffold with Potential Application in Cardiac Regeneration Using Mesenchymal Stem Cells PLoS ONE 9(12): e114697. https://doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0114697.
- Alex Epanchintsev, Pavithra Shyamsunder, Rama S. Verma, and Alex Lyakhovich (2014) IL-6, IL-8, MMP-2, MMP-9 are overexpressed in Fanconi Anemia Cells through a NF-kB/TNF-a Dependent Mechanism Molecular Carcinogenesis 54(12):1686-99. https:// DOI 10.1002/mc.22240.
- Giovanni Pagano, Pavithra Shyamsunder, Rama S. Verma, Alex Lyakhovich. Damaged mitochondria in Fanconi anemia – an isolated event or a general phenomenon? Oncoscience. 2014; 1: 287-295. eCollection 2014.
- Dillip Kumar Bishi, Santosh Mathapati, Kotturathu Mammen Cherian, Soma Guhathakurta and Rama Shanker Verma (2014) In Vitro Hepatic Trans-Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Using Sera from Congestive/Ischemic Liver during Cardiac Failure Plos One: 8;9(3):e92397. https:// doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0092397.
- Pavithra Shyamsunder, Kripa S Ganesh, Prasanna Vidyasekar, Sheila Mohan and Rama Shanker Verma (2013) “Identification of Novel target Genes involved in Indian Fanconi Anemia patients using microarray” Gene Dec 1;531(2):444-50 https://doi.10.1016/j.gene.2013.08.082
- Sreejit Parameswaran, Sujeet Kumar, Rama Shanker Verma, Rajendra K Sharma. (2013) Cardiomyocyte culture – an update on the in vitro cardiovascular model and future challenges. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, 91 (12), 985-998.https:// doi: 10.1139/cjpp-2013-0161
- Pavithra Shyamsunder, Prasanna Vidyasekar, Akshay Ranjan Shukla, Sheila Mohan, and Rama Shanker Verma. (2013) Lowered Expression Levels of a Tumor Supresser Gene- Caveolin-1 Within Dysregulated Gene Networks of Fanconi Anemia Gene 25;527(2) 521–528.https://doi: 10.1016/j.gene.2013.06.051
- Dillip Kumar Bishi, Santosh Mathapati, Jayarama Reddy Venugopal, Soma Guhathakurta, Kotturathu Mammen Cherian, Rama Shanker Verma,Seeram Ramakrishna (2013) Trans-differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Generates Functional Hepatospheres on Poly (L-lactic acid)-co-poly(ε-caprolactone)/collagen Nanofibrous Scaffolds Journal of Materials Chemistry B 1 32: 3871 4034. http://xlink.rsc.org/?DOI=c3tb20241k
- Sreejit P and Verma, Rama Shanker (2013) Enhanced Cardiomyogenic Lineage Differentiation of Adult Bone Marrow Derived Stem Cells grown on Cardiogel Cell and Tissue Research Sep; 353(3):443-56. https://DOI: 10.1007/s00441-013-1661-3.
- Sugapriya Dhanasekaran, Bijesh Biswal, Venil Sumantran and Rama S Verma (2013) Augmented Sensitivity to Methotrexate by Curcumin induced overexpression of Folate Receptor in KG-1 Cells. Biochimie 95(8): 1567-73.https://doi: 10.1016/j.biochi.2013.04.004.
- Mathapati S, Bishi DK, Guhathakurta S, Cherian KM, Venugopal J, Ramakrishna S, Verma R. S. (2013) Nanofibers-coated acellular tissue-engineered bovine pericardium supports differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells into endothelial cells for tissue engineering. Nanomedicine 9(5):623-34.https://doi: 10.2217/nnm.13.76
- Mrudula Mathew, Zaineb K. C., Rama Shanker Verma (2013) GM-CSF-DFF40: A Novel HumanizedImmunotoxin Induces Apoptosis in Acute Myeloid Leukemia cells Apoptosis 18 (7) 882-895.https://doi: 10.1007/s10495-013-0840-8
- Sreejit P & S. Verma (2013) Natural ECM as Biomaterial for Scaffold Based Cardiac Regeneration Using Adult Bone Marrow Derived Stem Cells. Stem Cell Rev and Rep 9(2); 158-71.https://doi: 10.1007/s12015-013-9427-6.
- Santosh Mathapati, Dillip Kumar Bishi1, Soma Guhathakurta, Kotturathu Mammen Cherian, Jayarama Reddy Venugopal, Seeram Ramakrishna, Rama Shanker Verma (2012) Biomimetic acellular detoxified glutaraldehyde cross-linked bovine pericardium for tissue engineering.Materials Science and Engineering Materials for Biological Applications 33; 1561-1572.https://doi: 10.1016/j.msec.2012.12.062.
- Muthumanickam Andiyappan, Subramanian Sundaramoorthy, Prasanna Vidyasekar , Natarajan Tirupattur Srinivasan and Rama Shanker Verma. (2012) Characterization of electrospun fibrous scaffold produced from Indian eri silk fibroin. International Journal of Materials Research. 5; 498-506. https://doi.org/10.3139/146.110888
- Sreejit P, Bishi, Dillip K and Verma, Rama S (2012) Generation of mesenchymal stem cell lines from murine bone marrow. Cell and Tissue Research 350(1), 55-68. https://doi: 10.1007/s00441-012-1458-9
- Madhumathi J and Verma R S. (2012) Therapeutic Targets and Recent Advances in Protein Immunotoxins. Current opinion in Microbiology 15, 300–309. https://doi: 10.1016/j.mib.2012.05.006
- Sandip Madhusudan Swain, Sreejit Parameswaran, Giriraj Sahu, Rama Shanker Verma and Amal Kanti Bera (2012) Proton-gated ion channels in mouse bone marrow stromal cells. Stem Cell Research 9, 59–68. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scr.2012.04.005
- Anjana, D., K. Anitha Nair, N. Somashekara, M. Venkata, R. Sripathy, Rajesh Yelucheri, H. Parmar, R. Upadhyay, Rama Verma and C.N. Ramchand (2012) Development of Curcumin Based Ophthalmic Formulation. American Journal of Infectious Diseases 8 (1): 41-49. https://DOI:10.3844/ajidsp.2012.41.49
- Venkata, M., R. Sripathy, D. Anjana, N. Somashekara, A. Krishnaraju, S. Krishanu, M. Murali, Rama Verma and C.N. Ramchand (2012) In Silico, In Vitro and In Vivo Assessment of Safety and Anti-inflammatory Activity of Curcumin. American Journal of Infectious Diseases 8 (1): 26-33. https://DOI : 10.3844/ajidsp.2012.26.33
- Moutushy Mitra, Mallikarjuna Kandalam, Anju Harilal, Rama Shenkar Verma, Uma Maheswari, S. Swaminathan, Subramanian Krishnakumar (2012) EpCAM is a putative stem marker in retinoblastoma and an effective target for T-cell-mediated immunotherapy. Molecular Vision 17; 18: 290–308. Epub 2012 Feb 1
- Chandana Tekkatte, Prasanna Vidyasekar, Nand Kishore Kapadia and Rama S Verma (2012) Enhancement of adipogenic and osteogenic 1 differentiation of human bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells with umbilical cord blood serum supplementation. Cell and Tissue Research 347(2) 383-395. https://doi: 10.1007/s00441-012-1328-5
- Sithanbaram Devilakshmi, Palanivelu Shanthi, subramanian Krishnakumar Sahoo Sanjeeb and Verma Rama S (2011) Monoclonal Antibody for Specific Targeting of Ep-CAM in Various Carcinomas. Hybridoma Volume 30, Number 6, 511-518. https://doi: 10.1089/hyb.2011.0069.
- Sreejit P and Verma R. S. (2011) Scanning Electron Microscopy Preparation Protocol For Differentiated Stem Cells. Analytical Biochemistry 15; 416 (2): 186-90. https://doi: 10.1016/j.ab.2011.05.032.
- Swati Choudhary, Mrudula Mathew and Rama S. Verma (2011) Therapeutic potential of anticancer immunotoxins. Drug Discovery Today (2011), 16 (11/12), 495-503. https://doi: 10.1016/j.drudis.2011.04.003
- Mitra Moutushy, Kandalam Mallikarjuna, Sundaram, C, Verma Rama, Maheswari Uma, Swaminathan S, Subramanian Krishnakumar. (2011) Reversal of stathmin mediated microtubule destabilization sensitizes retinoblastoma cells to low dose of anti-microtubule agents: A novel synergistic therapeutic intervention. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Jul 23; 52(8): 5441-8. https://doi: 10.1167/iovs.10-6973
- Sreejit P and R S Verma (2011)Cardiogel supports adhesion, proliferation and differentiation of stem cells with increased oxidative stress protection. European Cell and Material Journal(eCM) 21: 107 – 121. https://doi.org/10.22203/ecm.v021a09
- Santosh Mathapati, Rama Shanker Verma, Kotturathu Mammen Cherian and Soma Guhathakurta (2011) Inflammatory responses of tissue-engineered xenografts in a clinical Scenario. Interactive Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery 12:360-365.https://doi: 10.1510/icvts.2010.256719.
- Potala Sirisha and Verma Rama S (2011) Targeting head and neck squamous cell carcinoma using a novel fusion toxin-diphtheria toxin/HN-1. Molecular Biology Report 38(2): 1389-97. https://doi: 10.1007/s11033-010-0242-8.
- Potala Sirisha and Verma Rama S (2010) Modified DT-IL2 fusion toxin targeting uniquely IL2R alpha expressing leukemia cell lines-Construction and characterization. Journal of Biotechnology 148,147-155.https://doi: 10.1016/j.jbiotec.2010.04.006.
- Moutushy Mitra, Fahima Dilnawaz, Ranjita Misra, Anju Harilal, Rama Shanker Verma, Sanjeeb K. Sahoo and Subramanian Krishnakumar (2010) Toxicogenomics of nanoparticulate delivery of etoposide: potential impact on nanotechnology in retinoblastoma therapy Cancer Nanotechnology 2,1-6. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12645-010-0010-4
- Santosh Mathapati, Satish Galla, Rama Shanker Verma, Kotturathu Mammen Cherian, Soma Guhathakurta (2010). Ind. J of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery (2010) 26:129–131. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12055-010-0016-x
- Moutushy Mitra, Mallikarjuna Kandalam, Rama Shanker Verma, Uma Maheswari and Subramanian Krishnakumar (2010) Molecular vision 16: 828-842.
- Sirisha Potala and Rama S Verma (2010) A novel fusion protein Diphtheria Toxin-Stem Cell Factor (DT-SCF)-purification and characterization. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology162(5): 1258-69. https://doi: 10.1007/s12010-009-8896-1
- Bijesh K Biswal, Niladri B. Debata and Rama S Verma (2010) Development of a targeted siRNA delivery system using FOL-PEG-PEI conjugate. Molecular Biology Reports 37 (6) 2919-2926. https://doi: 10.1007/s11033-009-9853-3
- Pavithra P. S. Jannani S., Charumathi R., Indumathi J., and Verma Rama S. (2010) Antibacterial activity of Plants Used in Indian Herbal Medicine. International Journal of Green Pharmacy 4 (1), 22-29. http://dx.doi.org/10.22377/ijgp.v4i1.114
- Santosh Mathapati, Sarasa Bharati Arumugam, Rama Shanker Verma (2010) High cholesterol diet increases MMP9 and CD40 immunopositivity in early atherosclerotic plaquein rabbits. Acta histochimica, 112, 618-623. http://doi: 10.1016/j.acthis.2009.05.011.
- Sunnel R, Dillip K Bishi, Rama S Verma, Kothurattu M Cherian and Soma Guhathakurta (2009) A multiplex PCR for characterization of human mesenchymal stem cells. Biotechnology Letter 31(12): 1843-50. http://doi: 10.1007/s10529-009-0106-2
- Pavithra S, N.Sreevidya, Rama S Verma (2009) Antibacterial and antioxidant activity of methanol extract of Evolvulus nummularius (L). Indian Journal of pharmacology vol. 41(5) 233-236. https://dx.doi.org/10.4103%2F0253-7613.58514
- Bijesh K Biswal, K. Manniledam, Rama S Verma and E.Prasad (2009) Tumor Cell Imaging Using the Intrinsic Emission from PAMAM Dendrimer: A Case Study with HeLa Cells. Cytotechnology 61(1-2): 17-24. https://dx.doi.org/10.1007%2Fs10616-009-9237-5
- Bijesh K Biswal and Rama S Verma (2009) Differential Usage of the Transport Systems for Folic acid and Methotrexate in Normal Human T-Lymphocytes and Leukemic Cells. The Journal of Biochemistry 146 (5), 693–703. https://doi: 10.1093/jb/mvp130.
- Chandana Mohanty, Geetanjali Arya, Rama S Verma and Sanjeeb K Sahoo (2009) Nanobiotechnology: Application of Nanotechnology in Therapeutics and Diagnosis Journal of Nano biotechnology: biomedicine 1(1), B24 – B38.
- Mrudula Mathew and Rama S. Verma (2009) Humanized Immunotoxins – A New Generation of Immunotoxins Cancer Sciences 100, (8), 1359-1365. https://doi: 10.1111/j.1349-7006.2009.01192.
- Pavithra P S., Sreevidya N. and Rama S Verma (2009) Antibacterial activity and chemical composition of essential oil of Pamburus missionis Journal of Ethnopharmacology 124(1) 151-153. https://doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2009.04.016.
- Pavithra P S., Sreevidya N. and Rama S Verma (2009) A review of chemistry and biological activity of genus Atalantia (Rutaceae) Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Science 31(1), 63-72.
- Himabindu, D. Sugapriya Muthamilselvan, Dillip Kumar Bishi, and Rama S Verma (2009) Molecular Analysis of Coagulase Gene Polymorphism in Clinical Isolates of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus By Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism Based Genotyping American Journal of Infectious diseases 5(2): 170-176. https://doi.10.3844/ajidsp.2009.163.169
- Dillip kumer Bishi, Ilu Vargheese and Rama S. Verma (2008) Molecular typing of colonizing Streptococcus agalactiae strains by Enterobacterial Repetitive Intergenic Consensus PCR (ERIC-PCR) in a Chennai based hospital. Indian journal of Microbiology 48: 291-296.https://doi: 10.1007/s12088-008-0017-2
- Sirisha potala, Sanjeeb Sahoo and Rama S. Verma (2008) Targeted therapy of cancer using Diphtheria toxin derived immunotoxins. Drug discovery Today Review 13, 17/18,807-815.https://doi: 10.1016/j.drudis.2008.06.017
- Rallapalli S, S Verghese and Verma R S (2008) Validation of Multiplex PCR strategy for simultaneous detection and Identification of methicillin resistance staphylococcus Aureus Indian Journal on Medical Microbiology 26 (4) 360-363. https://doi.org/10.4103/0255-0857.43580
- Sreejit P., Suresh Kumar and Rama S. Verma (2008) An Improved Protocol for Primary Culture of Cardiomyocytes from Neonatal Mice In-Vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology – Animal 44, 45-50. https://doi: 10.1007/s11626-007-9079-4
- Kalidoss Ramamoorthy, Sirisha Potala, and Rama S. Verma. (2008). Boinformation 3 (4): 168-172 (2008). https://doi.org/10.6026/97320630003168
- Kalidoss Ramamoorthy, Sirisha Potala, and Rama S. Verma. (2007) In silico analysis of functionally important residues in folate receptors. Bionformation 2 (4), 157-162. https://doi.org/10.6026/97320630002157
- Taichman R. S., Reilly M. J., Verma R. S., Ehrenman K. and Emerson S. G (2001) Hepatocyte Growth Factor is Secreted by Osteoblast and Cooperatively Permits tge survials of Haematopoietic Progenators British Journal of Haematology 112(2) 438-448. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2141.2001.02568.x
- Verma R.S., Gianolla D., Schomichik W., and Emerson S. G (1998) Increased efficiency of liposime‑mediated transfection by volume reduction and centrifugation Biotechniques 25(1): 46-49. https://doi.org/10.2144/98251bm09
- Taichman R.S., Reilly M.J., Verma R.S., and Emerson S.G. (1997) Augmented production of interleukin‑6 by normal human osteoblasts in response to CD34+ hematopoietic bone marrow cells in vitro Blood 15: 89(4), 1165‑1172.
- Natarajan V., Vepa S., Verma R. S., and Scribner W. M. (1996) Role of Protein Tyrosine Phosphorylation on H202‑lnduced Phospholiase D Activation of Endothelial Cells Phospholipase D. American J. Physiol – Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology 271 no. 3, L400-L408. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajplung.1996.271.3.L400
- Verma, R. S., and Antony, A. C. (1992) Immunoreactive folate‑binding proteins from human saliva: isolation and comparison of two distinct species. Biochem. J. 286: 707‑715. Correction Biochem J 289: 927‑928. https://dx.doi.org/10.1042%2Fbj2860707
- Verma, R. S., Gullapalli, S., and Antony, A. C. (1992) Evidence that the hydrophobicity of isolated in situ and de novo synthesized native human placental folate receptor is a function of glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchoring to membranes. J. Biol. Chem. 267:4119‑4127.
- Verma, R. S., and Antony, A.C. (1991) Kinetic analysis, isolation and characterization of hydrophilic folate‑binding protein released from chorionic villi cultured under serum free conditions. J. Biol. Chem. 266:12522‑12535.
- Verma, R. S., and Antony, A. C. (1991) Kinetic isolation and characterization of soluble (s) folatebinding protein (flop) released from human placental chorionic villi‑associated hydrophobic FBP (M‑FBP) in serum free culture. Clinical Research, 39(2): 205a.
- Antony, A. C., Briddell, R. A., Brandt, J. E., Straneva, J. E., Verma, R. S., Miller, M. E., Kalasinski, L. A., and Hoffman, R. (1991) Megaloblastic hematopolesis in vitro: interaction of anti‑folate receptor antibodies with hematopoletic cells leads to a proliferative response independent of megaloblastic changes J. Clin. Invest. 87: 313‑325. https://doi.org/10.1172/JCI114989
- Antony, A. C., Kane, M., Kincade, S., Briddell, R., and Verma, R. S. (1989) Folate (pteroylglutamate) uptake in human erythrocytes, erythroid precursors and kb cells at high extra cellular folate concentrations: evidence against a specific folate‑binding and transport protein. Biochem. J. 260:401- 411. https://doi.org/10.1042/bj2600401
- Antony, A. C., Verma, R. S., Unune, A. R., and Larosa, J. A. (1989) Identification of hydrophobic folate binding forms. J. Biol. Chem. 264:1911‑1914.
- Antony, A. C., and Verma, R. S. (1989) Hydrophobic erythrocyte folate‑binding proteins are converted to hydrophilic forms by trypsin in vitro. Biochem. Biophys. Acta. 979:62‑68. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-2736(89)90523-3
- Verma, R. S., Kincade, R. S., and Antony, A. C. (1988) Isolation and characterization of two distinct immunoreactive folate binding proteins from human saliva. Clinical Research. 36(3): 360.
- Antony, A. C., Bruno, E., Briddell, R., Brandt, J., Verma, R. S., and Hoffman, R. (1987) Effect of perturbation of specific folate receptor during in vitro erythropoiesis. J. Clin. Invest. 80(6): 1618‑1623. https://doi.org/10.1172/JCI113249
- Panday, R., Verma, R. S. and Khullar, G. K. (1987) Effect of choline, ethanolamine and serine supplementation on the membrane properties of mycosporum gypsum. Lipids. 22(7): 530‑534. https://doi.org/10.1007/bf02540370
- Antony, A. C., Bruno, E., Bridell, R., Brandt, J., Verma, R. S., and Hoffman, R. (1987) Evidence for a role for folate receptor during in vitro erythropolesis. Clinical research 35(3): 569.
- Antony, A. C., Kincade, S., Verma, R. S., And Krishnan, S. R. (1987) Identification of high affinity folate binding protein in human erythrocyte membrane. J. Clin. Invest. 80:711‑723. https://doi.org/10.1172/JCI113126
- Verma, R. S., Spencer‑martin, I., and Van uden, N. (1987) Role of de novo protein synthesis in the inter conversion of glucose transport systems in the yeast Pichia ohmeri. Biochem. Biophys. Acta. 900:139‑144. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-2736(87)90285-9
- Antony, A. C., Verma, R. S., and Knicade, R. S. (1987) Development of a specific radio‑immunoassay of’ the placental folate receptor and related high affinity folate binding protein in human tissues. Anal. Biochem. 162:224‑235. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(87)90031-5
- Verma, R. S., Rao, T. V. G., and Prasad, R. (1984) An inducible, specific and de-repressible transport of L‑series in saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem. Biophys. Acta. 778:289‑297. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-2736(84)90371-7
- Verma, R. S. (1984) Amino Acid Transport in Yeast. Ph.D. Thesis Jawaharlal Nehru University New Delhi 110067, India
- Rao, T. V. G., Verma, R. S., and Prasad, R. (1983) Transport of purine, pyrimidine bases and nucleosides in candida albicans, a pathogenic yeast. Biochem. Int. 6:409‑416. PMID: 6383386
- Verma, R. S., and Prasad, R. (1983) Absence of depression of amino acids transports in candida. Biochem. Int. 7:707‑717. PMID: 6385985
- Prasad, R., Jayakumar, A., Singh, M., Trivedi, A., Khare, S., Verma, R. S., Rao, T. V. G., and Dudani, A. K. (1983) Amino acid transport in yeast. In: proceedings of symposium on the role biochemistry in harnessing the environment, Indian Toxicological Research Center, Lucknow, India 8 (No. 1‑2), Pp. 31‑43.
- Verma, R. S., and Prasad, R. (1983) Amino acid transport in whole cell and membrane vesicles of saccharomyces cerevisiae. In: proceedings of viii international specialized symposium on yeast, Baroda, India.
- Verma R. S., and Prasad, R. (1983) Characteristics of amino acid transport in deficient (rhoO) mutant cells. Ind. J. Biochem. Biophys. 20:104‑109.
- Jayakumar, A., Singh, M., Verma, R. S., Baquer, N. Z., and Prasad, R. (1981) Characteristics of proline transport in the spheroplasts from candida albicans cells. Ind. J. Biochem. Biophys. 1 8:206‑210. PMID: 7030931
- BOOK CHAPTERS
- Rama S. Verma and Seeram Ramakrishna Biomaterials: Biosensors (2020) current opinion in Biomedical engineering 13:A3–A5https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cobme.2020.07.001
- Piyush Kumar Gupta, Gunasekaran Dharanivasan, Ranjita Misra, Santosh Gupta and Rama Shanker Verma(2020) Nanomedicine in Cancer Stem Cell TherapyNanoBioMedicine pp 67-105Editors Shailendra K. Saxena and S. M. Paul Khurana Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2020 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-32-9898-9_4 Publisher Name Springer, Singapore Print ISBN 978-981-32-9897-2 Online ISBN 978-981-32-9898-9
- Jahnavi Sarvepalli, Rajalakshmi Santhakumar and Rama Shanker Verma (2015)Evolving Concepts for Use of Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering for Cardiac Regeneration in Optimizing Assistive Technologies for Aging Populations Eds. Morsi M, Shukla A and Rathore CP – A volume in the Advances in Medical Technologies and Clinical Practice (AMTCP) Book Series IGI publication https://doi.10.4018/978-1-4666-9530-6.ch011
- Sithambaram Devilakshmi, Jayaprakasam Madhumathi and Rama Shanker Verma (2015) Immunotoxins, Resistance and Cancer Stem Cells: Future Perspective Resistance to Immunotoxins in Cancer Therapy (2015) Edited By Rama S Verma ISBN 978-3-319-17274-3 Springer Switzerland
- Sreejit Parameswara, Rajalakshmi Santhakumar, Prasanna Vidyasekar and Rama Shanker verma (2015) Enrichment of Cardiomyocytes in primary culture of Neonatal heats Cardiomyocytes: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology) Springer Protocols: Editors Gary R Skuse and Maureen C Ferran ISBN-13: 978-1493925711 Human Press USA
- Pavithra Shyamsunder, Rama S. Verma, Sudit S. Mukhopadhyay and Alex Lyakhovich (2015) Involvement of Mitochondria in the Pathology of Fanconi Anemia Fanconi Anemia and Oxidative Stress: Mechanistic Background and Clinical Prospects ed. by Nova Science Publisher USA
- Rama Shanker Verma, Sirisha Potala, Mrudula Mathew and Swati Chaudhary (2012) Application of Microbial Toxins for Cancer Therapy T. Satyanarayana et al. (eds.), Microorganisms in Sustainable Agriculture and Biotechnology, https://doi.10.1007/978-94-007-2214-9_28, © Springer Science Business Media B.V. 2012
- Prasanna Vidyasekar, Pavithra Shyamsunder, and Rama S Verma (2010) NanoBiotechnology: A new generation of biomedicine-Innovative nanotechnology in key areas of biomedical engineering and cancer therapy “Application Nanotechnology for Human Health” 2 (2), 237 Ed. by Dr. Sanjeeb K Sahoo Publisher CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group Florida USA -254
- Rama S Verma, Abhilasha, Sugapriya M. D. and Chithra R. (2009) Animal Biotechnology: application and potential risks in Biotechnology in Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals 14, 220- 250, Editor – Dr. Debasis Bagchai publisher- Taylor and Francis USA
- Denis English, Akshay Anand, Rama S. Verma and Stephan Gluck (2009) Neural Stem Cells: New Hope for Successful Therapy) Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, 8, 129-151 Editor- Dr. Herman S. Cheung (Ed.) Bentham Science Publishers Ltd. USA.
- Verma R.S. (2006) “Targeting Human growth factors, cytokines gene into Silkworms Muga silkworm” in Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, Published at RRL Jorhat pp. 204-211.
- General, social and ethical topic
- Rama S Verma and Sreejit P (2009) Culture and Morality Bulletin Chennai, Academy for Science, Humanities and Religion 2(2) July 2009
- Rama S Verma, Bijesh K. Biswal. Abhilasha, Chithra R and Sugapriya D. M. (2009) Innovation and Challenges in Biotechnology (ICICB-08) ISBN: 978-93- .80043-16-6
General, social and ethical topic
- Rama S Verma and Sreejit P (2009) Culture and Morality Bulletin Chennai Academy for Science, Humanities and Religion 2(2) July 2009
- Rama S Verma, Bijesh K. Biswal. Abhilasha, Chithra R and Sugapriya D. M. (2009) Innovation and Challenges in Biotechnology (ICICB-08) ISBN: 978-93-.80043-16-6
Text Books/ Monographs Authored/ Book Chapter
- Jahnavi Sarvepalli, Rajalakshmi Santhakumar and Rama Shanker Verma (2015) Evolving Concepts for Use of Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering for Cardiac Regenerationin Optimizing Assistive Technologies for Aging Populations Eds Morsi M, Shukla A and Rathore CP – A volume in the Advances in Medical Technologies and Clinical Practice (AMTCP) BookSeries IGI publication DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-9530-6.ch011
- Sithambaram Devilakshmi, Jayaprakasam Madhumathi and Rama Shanker Verma (2015) Immunotoxins, Resistance and Cancer Stem Cells: Future Perspective Resistance to Immunotoxins in Cancer Therapy (2015) Edited By Rama S Verma ISBN 978-3-319-17274-3 Springer Switerland
- Sreejit Parmeswaran, Rajlakshmi Santhakumar, Prasanna vidyasekar and Rama S Verma (2015) Enrichment of Cardiomyocytes in primary cuture of Neonatal heats Cardiomyocytes: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology) Springer Protocols: Editors Gary R Skuse and Maureen C Ferran ISBN-13: 978-1493925711 Human Press USA
- Pavithra Shyamsunder, Rama S. Verma, Sudit S. Mukhopadhyay and Alex Lyakhovich (2015) Involvement of Mitochondria in the Pathology of Fanconi Anemia Fanconi Anemia and Oxidative Stress: Mechanistic Background and Clinical Prospects ed by Nova Science Publisher USA
- Rama Shanker Verma, Sirisha Potala, Mrudula Mathew and Swati chaudhary (2012) Application of Microbial Toxins for Cancer Therapy T. Satyanarayana et al. (eds.), Microorganisms in Sustainable Agriculture and Biotechnology, DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-2214-9_28, © Springer Science Business Media B.V. 2012
- Prasanna Vidyasekar, Pavithra Shyamsunder, and Rama S Verma (2010) Nano-biotechnology: A new generation of biomedicine-Innovative nanotechnology in key areas of biomedical engineering and cancer therapy “Application Nanotechnology for Human Health” 2 (2), 237-254 by Dr. Sanjeeb K SahooPublisher CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group Florida USA
- Rama S Verma, Abhilasha, Sugapriya M. D. and Chithra R. (2009) Animal biotechnology: application and potential risks in Biotechnology in Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals 14, 220- 250, Editor – Dr. Debasis Bagchai publisher- Taylor and Francis USA
- Denis English, Akshay Anand, Rama S. Verma and Stephan Gluck (2009) Neural Stem Cells: New Hope for Successful Therapy) Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, 8, 129-151 Editor- Dr. Herman S. Cheung (Ed.) Bentham Science Publishers Ltd. USA
- Prasanna Vidyasekar, Pavithra Shyamsunder, and Rama S Verma (2010) Nano-biotechnology: A new generation of biomedicine-Innovative nanotechnology in key areas of biomedical engineering and cancer therapy “Application Nanotechnology for Human Health” Ed. by Dr. Sanjeeb K Sahoo) Publisher – Pan Stanford, Italy (in Press)
- Rama Shanker Verma, Sirisha Potala, Mrudula Mathew and Swati chaudhary (2012) Application of Microbial Toxins for Cancer Therapy T. Satyanarayana et al. (eds.), Microorganisms in Sustainable Agriculture and Biotechnology, DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-2214-9_28, © Springer Science Business Media B.V. 2012
- Verma R.S. (2006) “Targeting Human growth factors, cytokines gene into Silkworms Muga silkworm” in Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, Published at RRL Jorhat pp 204-211.