- Cancer Biology – Developing small molecules/peptides targeting novel oncogenes, establishing the molecular mechanism of action of new drugs – using CRISPR/Cas9 screens, studying mechanisms of therapy resistance, and developing pre-clinical models of tumor progression including xenografts (patient derived explant [PDeX] and patient derived Xenograft [PDX]) models.
- Expertise in generating Monoclonal and Polyclonal antibodies for diagnostic applications
- Kanumuri R, Kumar A, Biswal J, Vignesh R, Pandian J, Venu A, Vaishnavi B, Leena DJ, Jeyaraman J, Ganesan G, Aradhyam GK, Venkatraman G, and Rayala SK. Small peptide inhibitor from the sequence of RUNX3 disrupts PAK1-RUNX3 interaction and abrogates its phosphorylation dependent oncogenic function. Oncogene (2021), Accepted – In Press
- Mala John GS, Vuttaradh VK, Takeuchi S, Pitani RS, Venkatraman G, &Rayala SK. Facile synthesis and nanoscale features of a nanostructured nordihydroguaiaretic acid analog for therapeutic applications. J Nanobiotechnology. (2020) ;18 :74.
- Anuj, Lakshmi A, Ganesh V and Rayala SK.Increased expression of miR-551a by c-Fos reduces Focal Adhesion Kinase (FAK) levels and blocks tumorigenesis. Mol Cell Biol (2019), 39 (7), e00577-18
- Swetha R, Ganesh V and Rayala SK. Cloning and functional characterization of human Pak1 promoter by steroid hormones.GENE (2018), 646, 120-128.
- Beesetti S, Jayadev M, Surabhi R, Kathy T, Pitani RS, Joseph LD, Ganesh V andRayala SK. Transcriptional regulation of ataxia–telangiectasia and Rad3 related protein (ATR) by activated p21-activated kinase-1 (Pak1) protects keratinocytes in UV-B induced premalignant skin lesions. Oncogene (2017), 36, 44, 6154-6163.
- Anuj, Lakshmi A, Surabhi RP, Kanakarajan A, Sundaram S, Pitani RS, Kremersothen J, Ganesh V and Rayala SK. KIBRA attains oncogenic activity byrepressing RASSF1A. Br J.Cancer(2017), 117, 553-562.
- Kumar AS, Jagadeeshan S, Pitani RS, Ramshankar V, Venkitasamy K, Ganesh V and Rayala SK.Snail-Modulated MicroRNA 493 Forms a Negative Feedback Loop with the Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1 Receptor Pathway and Blocks Tumorigenesis.Mol Cell Biol (2017), 37 (6), e510-16.
- Kumar A, Singhal M, Chopra C, Srinivasan S, Surabhi RP, Kanumuri R, Tentu S, Jagadeesan S, Sundaram S, Ramanathan K, Pitani R, Muthuswamy B, Abhijit S, Nair AS, Venkatraman G and Rayala SK.Threonine 209 phosphorylation on RUNX3 by Pak1 is a molecular switch for its dualistic functions. Oncogene (2016), 35, 4857-65.
- Kumar AS, Jagadeeshan S, Subramanian A, Chidambaram S, Surabhi R, Singhal M, Pitani R, Davvuru P, Ganesh V and Rayala SK. Molecular mechanism of modulation of Nuclear Receptor Coregulator MTA1 – a key molecule involved in Parkinson’s disease by Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor (G-CSF). J BiolChem (2016), 291, 12310-12321.
- Jagadeeshan S, Anirudh S, Silpa T, Swarnalatha B, Singhal M, Swetha R, Rohanprasad S, Jayadev M, Hendev B, Jaishree B, Ravisankar P, Saravanababu C, Sandhya S, Malathi R, Jeyakanthan J, Nair A, Ganesh V and Rayala SK. p21 activated kinase 1 (Pak1) signaling influences therapeutic outcome in pancreatic cancer. Ann Oncology (2016), 27, 1546-56.
- Jayadev M, Beesetti S, Surabhi R, Kremersothen J, Ganesh V and Phosphorylation dependent regulation of DNA damage response of adaptor protein KIBRA in cancer cells. Mol Cell Biol (2016), 36, 1354-1365.
- Jagadeesan S, Yoganathan RK, Singhal M, Anirudh S, Jayadev M, Lakshmi A, Roshini A, Baskar G, Ravi M, Joseph D, Kalesh M, Nair S, Ganesh V and Rayala SK.Transcriptional regulation of fibronectin by p21-activated kinase-1 modulates pancreatic tumorigenesis. Oncogene (2015) 34, 455-464.