Amal Kanti Bera
- Cancer Biology – Oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes – Molecular and mechanistic studies, Validation in animal models and clinical samples
- Antibodies for diagnostic applications – Diagnostic kits for disease markers
- Swetha R, Ganesh V and Rayala SK. Cloning and functional characterization of human Pak1 promoter by steroid hormones.GENE (2018), 646, 120-128.
- Tentu S, Nandarapu K, Prakash M, Venkitasamy K, Venkatraman G and Rayala SK.DHQZ-17, a potent inhibitor of the transcription factor HNF4A, suppresses tumorigenicity of Head and Neck squamous cell carcinoma in vivo. J Cellular Physiology(2018), 233, 3, 2613-2628.
- Beesetti S, Jayadev M, Surabhi R, Kathy T, Pitani RS, Joseph LD, Ganesh V and Rayala SK. Transcriptional regulation of ataxia–telangiectasia and Rad3 related protein (ATR) by activated p21-activated kinase-1 (Pak1) protects keratinocytes in UV-B induced premalignant skin lesions. Oncogene (2017), 36, 44, 6154-6163.
- Anuj, Lakshmi A, Surabhi RP, Kanakarajan A, Sundaram S, Pitani RS, Kremersothen J, Ganesh V and Rayala SK. KIBRA attains oncogenic activity by repressing RASSF1A. Br J.Cancer,(2017), 117, 553-562.
- Kumar AS, Jagadeeshan S, Pitani RS, Ramshankar V, Venkitasamy K, Ganesh V and Rayala SK.Snail-Modulated MicroRNA 493 Forms a Negative Feedback Loop with the Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1 Receptor Pathway and Blocks Tumorigenesis.Mol Cell Biol (2017), 37 (6), e510-16.
- Kumar A, Singhal M, Chopra C, Srinivasan S, Surabhi RP, Kanumuri R, Tentu S, Jagadeesan S, Sundaram S, Ramanathan K, Pitani R, Muthuswamy B, Abhijit S, Nair AS, Venkatraman G and Rayala SK. Threonine 209 phosphorylation on RUNX3 by Pak1 is a molecular switch for its dualistic functions. Oncogene (2016), 35, 4857-65.
- Kumar AS, Jagadeeshan S, Subramanian A, Chidambaram S, Surabhi R, Singhal M, Pitani R, Davvuru P, Ganesh V and Rayala SK. Molecular mechanism of modulation of Nuclear Receptor Coregulator MTA1 – a key molecule involved in Parkinson’s disease by Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor (G-CSF). J BiolChem (2016), 291, 12310-12321.
- Jagadeeshan S, Anirudh S, Silpa T, Swarnalatha B, Singhal M, Swetha R, Rohanprasad S, Jayadev M, Hendev B, Jaishree B, Ravisankar P, Saravanababu C, Sandhya S, Malathi R, Jeyakanthan J, Nair A, Ganesh V and Rayala SK. p21 activated kinase 1 (Pak1) signaling influences therapeutic outcome in pancreatic cancer. Ann Oncology (2016), 27, 1546-56.
- Jayadev M, Beesetti S, Surabhi R, Kremersothen J, Ganesh V and Rayala SK.Phosphorylation dependent regulation of DNA damage response of adaptor protein KIBRA in cancer cells. Mol Cell Biol (2016), 36, 1354-1365.
- Jagadeesan S, Ganesh V and Rayala SK. Targeting p21 activated kinase 1 (Pak1) to PAKup Pancreatic Cancer.Expert OpinTher Targets (2016) 20:1283-1285.
- Jagadeesan S, Yoganathan RK, Singhal M, Anirudh S, Jayadev M, Lakshmi A, Roshini A, Baskar G, Ravi M, Joseph D, Kalesh M, Nair S, Ganesh V and Rayala SK. Transcriptional regulation of fibronectin by p21-activated kinase-1 modulates pancreatic tumorigenesis. Oncogene (2015) 34, 455-464.